“WHEN YOU STOP DOING THINGS FOR FUN, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD.” – ERNEST HEMINGWAY
Katy graduated in 2016 from Virginia Tech and soon after made herself at home in Asheville. She grew up in Maine running cross country and track and competed in her first half marathon during her senior year of high school. She developed a love of spinning while a college student and hoped to one day teach. While working in Biltmore Village she saw the sign for Joyryder and immediately knew she wanted the job. Through the course of training, she developed an even stronger love for music, an appreciation for all that the human body is capable of, and even a little bit of arm muscle. During one of her classes you won’t be surprised to see her rapping along to some Eminem and encouraging everyone to let their freak flag fly.
- Three favorite artists
- 1. Shawn Mullins
- 2. Eminem
- 3. Hozier
- Something you may not know about me
- 1. I lived in rural Maine at a hunting camp (which is ironic because my entire family is vegetarian) for three years with no electricity. It was so in the middle of nowhere that there wasn’t even a name for the town.
- 2. I absolutely adore popovers and can easily eat a whole tray in one sitting.
- 3. I studied graphic design as an undergraduate and I’m currently in graduate school for teaching. I love being creative and I think art is an important part of life so I want to be an art teacher someday.
- Three things that bring me joy
- 1. Taking care of all my plants.
- 2. Relaxing with my family. They are my favorite people.
- 3. Sending and receiving snail mail.